Saturday, February 13, 2010

I hope my daughter hasn't inherited my maternal aunt's gift of prescience...

0400 Saturday AM: Fionna creeps into my room and snuggles into my bed, all upset


F: Daddy? I had a bad dream.
J: Mmmpfhhh? Hunh? What? Oh...c'mere .... [snug] 
[a minute passes...]

J: What was the dream about, hun?
F: The sun froze and got cold and went out, and all the buildings were falling down, and we had to had to leave and drive far away.
[another minute passess...]
J: Were we ok? Did anyone get hurt?
F: No...we were ok.
J: Yeah, hun. I've had that bad dream before. It's just a bad dream. Go on back to bed.
[Fionna goes back to bed, gets tucked in with Bo and manages to sleep through to morning. As does her dad, sort-of] 

Yikes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?